8.16.2007

Gestures&Contellations

- Caught somewhere in the middle of in-between
Like an autumn leaf – so politely disarming
Setting fire to bridges and the things we said but didn't mean
Is a saccharine smile still effectively charming..

In the cubby of some courtesy – maybe feel a little pain together
'cause we both know the good in good mourning
and we both know the sun hides despite perfect weather
if we don't have the eyes to see it…

and I question – I've questioned.. I'm questioning
- and I wake up wondering why I wore the wrong mense
Despite countless knee jerk reactions and distancing
..the answers come in the silence

he carries a familiarty
that hides away iniquity
and runs to write what blows away
when we get lost - when we don't stay
he carries a familiarity
that wakes the words inside of me

Caught somewhere in the middle of in-between
In the chasms between gestures and constellations
Is a September song blooming a spring time dream
that makes the solitude worth the revelations

Well aquinted with the rhythm in his step
cause he walks to a familiar song
that finds me catching count of heart-beats
before his eyes close & I fall asleep…

and I question – I've questioned.. I'm questioning
but I found it buried beneath the defense
beneath the pretense and the distancing
..the answers come in the silence

..& he carries a familiarity
that wakes the words inside of me..




-a.a.b.

No comments:

Post a Comment